Friday, April 3, 2009

Cliff and Mikie


This is my first jewelry project that make use of Rolland MDX-15 to engrave on wax to create the molds. The results was not as good as I have expected. I did not realize the taper effect create by the engraving knife until whole mold is finished craved. The rings surface had been thinned to a spoiled original Celtic design. Besides that wax substrates become sticky and clot in between the small gaps of the design. I have done both side engraving and try to solve the taper effect but still can't get the exact engrave point when the mold was flip over. At last I decide to use a really sharp engrave knife and engrave maximum depth of 15mm. It gives a better results. As conclusion, I prefer to use modeling board to run on such patterns mold.
Thanks to Cliff and Mikie, to let me have these photos posted. It is great to see some old jobs, just like seeing old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

email: materialisecreativity@gmail.com
mobile: +6016 2668 066 (Jane) & +6012 2446 286 (Chin)
Related Posts with Thumbnails